Not far from one of the most famous fishing spots in the world according to Fly Fisherman Magazine, Westbank Anglers and many others, Life Care Center of Idaho Falls provides an ideal location close to everything the tri-state area has to offer. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Snake River Greenbelt is a paved path stretching six miles along the Snake River. Travelers can explore the wildlife in the area, fish and bike, run or walk along the trail. The trail features a Japanese garden and views of a 20-foot waterfall.
- The Museum of Idaho pays tribute to legendary explorers Lewis and Clark during their time in Idaho through life-size exhibits. The museum also has an exhibit displaying the history of atomic power in Idaho.
- Yellowstone National Park, the first national park in the U.S., is one of the most famous parks in the world. The park features a geyser called Old Faithful, plenty of wildlife including grizzly bears, elk and moose, and a number of canyons and lakes.
- Tautphaus Park Zoo holds more than 300 animals, making it the largest zoo in the state. The zoo animals include lions, leopards, tigers, bears and wallabies in six different exhibits from all over the world.
- Grand Teton National Park features all of the mountains in the Teton Range and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. With the Snake River running through the center of the park, it has become a popular destination for fishing, mountain climbing, hiking and wildlife viewing.